Gries im Sellrain is particularly popular with vacationers who seek relaxations and calm! In summer the village is a great starting point for hikes. You will be spoilt for choice, no matter if you prefer pleasant walks in the surroundings of the village, from meadow to meadow or if you aim higher on the top of the mountains.
With the Welcome Card (= guest card) you even get , if you stay 3 nights or more, some rides on cable cars for free or you get a discount.
We are happy to give you hiking tips!
Mountain biking / Race biking
For mountain bikers and road cyclists there is a wide choice of varied bike paths and mountain bike tours. We offer nice bike-/cycling tours. If desired accompanied by a guide.
A large bike park can be found on the Muttereralm with downhill trails for advanced bikers and downhillers.
There is also a kids & beginners area where they offer 3 routes of different difficulty levels. Both young and older beginners can train their driving technique here and prepare for the MTB-trails.
Be enchanted by the charm of Innsbruck, the capital city of Tyrol.
A visit to the Innsbruck Old Town is a must during your holiday in Tyrol! Discover the numerous sightseeing attractions and enjoy the special flair of this city.
Activities and day trips
.......Too many to mention!
- The Murmel (marmot) adventure children's playgrond , opposite of our house
- Freizeitzentrum Axams: Indoor and outdoor pool with sauna
- Mountain carting on the Muttereralm
- Alpine Coasterin Imst (the longest summer toboggan run of the Alps)
- Swarovski Christal Worlds in Wattens
- Silver mine in Schwaz
- Tirol's biggest waterfall: The Stuibenfall in Umhausen
- Achensee: taking the ferry across the lake or go with the Achensee steam cog railway from Jenbach to Pertisau
This is just a small selection. We are happy to make you suggestions for an entertaining day trip.